The Testimony of the Gospel - pt.1
Series: The Gospel Changes Everything
Key Passage: Romans 1:1-15:33
Speaker: Lee Waller
�We can observe the power of the gospel to change sinners lives through two lenses - the lens of the gospel's truth and the lens of the gospel's testimony. Last week, we looked at the power if the gospel through the lens of the gospel's truth...this week we will consider the power of the gospel through the lens of...
- The Testimony of the Gospel
- Bound to Jesus Christ – Rom. 1:1
- What was Paul before? Acts 8:1-3; 26:9-23
- But now, submissive to will of Christ – Acts 9:1-6
- Called to be an apostle – Rom. 1:1
- Acts 9:15-16
- 1:5; Acts 26:14-18.
- Acts 26:19-20
- Separated to the gospel – Rom. 1:1
- Acts 17:26
- Devoted to the saints – Rom. 1:7-15
But look at the difference the gospel makes in his life:
- He thanks God for them – vs. 8
- He prays for them – vs. 9
- He desires to be with them – vs. 10-12
- Help them become stronger as a church – vs. 11
- Mutual encouragement – vs. 12
- Bear fruit among them – vs. 13-1, Acts 20:24.