DSBC Update – September, 2020
This update includes our regathering plans by phases, new and updated guidelines.
How sweet it was to be back together face-to-face this past Sunday!! Even though it was in a limited capacity, it was great to see the faces of some of our church family for the first time in four months! And, praise the Lord, things went very smoothly. Thank you all for your cooperation and flexibility!
DSBC On-Campus regathering plan by phases: (please take note of the new material* in our updated on-campus guidelines below)
· Phase 1: Return to on-campus Sunday School (June 14)
· Phase 2: Return to on-campus Worship & Sunday School (July 12)
· Phase 3: Return to on-campus Worship, Sunday School and Wednesday night activities (September 16)
The health and safety of our church family is our primary consideration as we continue to move forward in these unique and challenging times. We appreciate your prayer and support as we seek the Lord in making plans for His church. He is with us all…through it all!
Proverbs 16:9 – “A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”
The following updated guidelines are for the consideration of others and to abide by the protocols established by our governing authorities. We appreciate your flexibility and good attitude as we are doing what we can to reestablish on-campus meeting in light of our current situation.
Guidelines we are asking everyone to abide by for our on-campus gatherings:
· Please stay home if you or any member of your family have fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other symptom of illness or generally are not feeling well.
· Please stay home if you have COVID-19 or had direct contact with someone in the last 14 days who likely has or is confirmed to have COVID-19.
· *If you test positive for COVID-19, please follow the CDC guidelines for isolation – 10 days after symptoms first appear and at least 3 days (72 hours) after recovery. (Recovery is defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications with progressive improvement or resolution of symptoms).
· Please stay home if you or among the medically vulnerable or do not yet feel safe being around larger groups of people.
· Masks will not be provided. Please bring/wear your own if you feel you need one.
· In consideration of others, please maintain the safe, social distance between you and other people. Exceptions to this are family members and those who share a household.
· During worship, please sit as families including youth and children, and understand that you may not be able to sit in your normal area.
· Certain pews will be reserved for guests.
· Please be flexible and understanding if the worship center reaches safe capacity by the time you arrive. You may have to attend the later service or join us online at home.
· Be creative in greeting one another so as to maintain the non-contact protocol, i.e. waving, air hug, etc.
· Please follow normal, common-sense sanitary practices such as washing/sanitizing your hands, covering your sneeze or cough, etc.
· If you want coffee during Sunday School, please bring your own in your own mug/cup. The use of coffee pots and breakfast or snack trays promotes touching by multiple people thus risking the spread of more germs, so we ask that no food or coffee be served in your classes.
Guidelines we are following to protect your health & safety:
· Doors to buildings will be held open during entry and exit times.
· All classrooms and surfaces are disinfected and ready to use, and will be sanitized between each use.
· Hand sanitizing stations are placed in each building for your use and restrooms are available.
· Classrooms and pews are set up in a manner that encourages proper social distancing.
· Non-essential items are removed from classrooms to limit surfaces for potential contamination.
· There will be no printed bulletins for worship.
· For tithes and offerings, you can continue to give online, text to give, give through the mail, or through your Sunday School class. There will be an offering receptacle in the foyer of the worship center as needed, but no offering plates will be passed.
· Water fountains are disabled.
· Consider using Zoom or some other social media platform in your classroom to allow class members who cannot attend to participate.
· The 11:00 a.m. worship service will continue to be streamed on our Facebook page and YouTube channel for those who are unable to attend on campus.