I am excited that we are able to start meeting on campus together this Sunday. I hope and pray you are excited about it as well. I know it is not like it was before, but I am grateful we are able to start in some way. After much prayer with our pastors and staff, listening to counsel, heeding the protocols of our governing authorities, and much thought and discussion, the plan outlined in this email is how God has led us to begin our regathering. It is not permanent by any means. As we continue to seek God’s guidance, gather new information and experience during this phase, we will make any necessary adjustments.
Phase 1: Starting Sunday, June 14
· All age Sunday School classes can begin meeting on the DSBC campus (Some adult classes are continuing to meet online or are unable to meet for now.)
o Sr. Adult classes will gather from 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. in their normal locations unless otherwise indicated below.
o All other classes, including children’s and nursery will gather from 9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. in their normal locations.
· Worship will continue online only at 11:00 a.m. (We are praying and planning to regather for worship as part of our next phase of meeting on-campus.)
The following guidelines are for the consideration of others and to abide by the protocols established by our governing authorities. We appreciate your flexibility and good attitude as we are doing what we can to reestablish on-campus meeting in light of our current situation.
Guidelines we are asking everyone to abide by for our on-campus gatherings:
· Please stay home if you or your child have fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other symptom of illness or generally are not feeling well.
· Please stay home if you have COVID-19 or had direct contact with someone in the last 14 days who likely has or is confirmed to have COVID-19.
· Please stay home if you do not yet feel safe being around larger groups of people.
· Masks are optional. Please bring your own if you feel you need one.
· In consideration of others, please maintain the safe, social distance between you and other people. Exceptions to this are family members and those who share a household.
· Be creative in greeting one another so as to maintain the non-contact protocol, i.e. waving, air hug, etc.
· Please follow normal, common-sense sanitary practices such as washing/sanitizing your hands, covering your sneeze or cough, etc.
· If you want coffee, please bring your own in your own mug/cup. The use of coffee pots and breakfast or snack trays promotes touching by multiple people thus risking the spread of more germs, so we ask that no food or coffee be served in your classes.
Guidelines we are following to protect your health & safety:
· Small group meeting times are staggered to help maintain social distancing protocols and minimize risks.
· Doors to buildings and classrooms will be held open during entry and exit times.
· All classrooms and surfaces are disinfected and ready to use, and will be sanitized between each use.
· Hand sanitizing stations are placed in each building for your use and restrooms are available.
· Classrooms are set up in a manner that encourages proper social distancing.
· Non-essential items are removed from classrooms to limit surfaces for potential contamination.
· Water fountains are disabled.
· Consider using Zoom or some other social media platform in your classroom to allow class members who cannot attend to participate.
Sunday School Class Meeting Schedule:
Classes to meet from 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
All the following classes will meet in their normal location unless indicated otherwise.
· Sr. Adult Co-ed (Teacher – Richard Vaupel)
· Sr. Adult Ladies, FAITH (Teacher – Wilma Parrish)
· Sr. Adult Ladies, JOY (Teacher – Linda Vaupel)
· Sr. Adult Ladies, VICTORY (Teacher – Gail Floyd)
· Adult Co-ed 50s-60s (Teacher – Steve Carroll) – meet in fellowship hall
Classes to meet from 9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
All the following classes will meet in their normal locations.
· Birth – 2 yrs. old – Nursery (Paid workers)
· Pre-K 3 (Teacher – Brook Conger)
· Pre-K 4 (Teacher – Teresa Allen)
· Pre-K 5 (Teacher – Debra Enfinger, Gabi Keve)
· 1st Grade (Teacher – substitute)
· 2nd Grade (Teacher – Paula Maxwell)
· 3rd-4th Grades (Teacher – Anita Meison)
· 5th-6th Grades (Teacher – Andrea Webb)
· 7th-12th Grades meet in youth room (Bobby Miller)
· 18-24 Young Adults (Teachers – Dawson, Price)
· 20s Co-ed (Teachers – Fullington, Webb)
· 20s – 40s Ladies (Teachers – Kim Connell, Michelle Norton)
· 30s Co-ed (Teachers – Jason Chastain, Ben Polk)
· 40s Co-ed (Teacher – Jeff Mims)
If you do not see your class listed above, that means it is either still meeting online or not able to meet at this time. If the class you attend isn’t listed above and you still want to meet on-campus, feel free to attend another class during this phase.
The Sunday School literature for this quarter will be ready for you to pick up in your classroom. If you would like a copy before Sunday, please stop by the church office.
If you have any questions, please call the church office and we will help you.
As always, if you have any special needs, please call one of your pastors, your deacon or the church office. We will do whatever we can to minister to your need.
Thank you for your patience, support and flexibility during these challenging days! I love and miss you and am praying for you!
Your Brother & Pastor,